Ebony and Steve return to discuss the houseless crisis in Portland, Oregon. Topics include:
- Steve’s recommendation: Faith in the Face of Empire by Mitri Raheb (1:10)
- Ebony’s recommendation: Rethinking Incarceration by Dominique Gilliard, a fellow MennoNerd (3:56)
- Introducing the Portland houseless crisis (5:37)
- Next step for Steve’s ministry and for Portland: establishing villages (12:02)
- The idea of a village and how it helps (17:21)
- How to keep these villages from being torn down by government officials or residents who are antagonistic to the houseless population (19:44)
- What else can do for this cause (23:43)
If you want to connect with Steve about this work, email email@example.com. If you have questions or comments for Ebony and Steve about the show, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch below embedded from our YouTube account, or listen to the podcast through the player below or on any of the linked podcast directories.