Katelin Hansen interviews Jennifer (Jay) Yoder and Stephanie Krehbiel about their work with Into Account, which supports abuse survivors seeking justice, accountability, and recovery within church settings.
In this part 1, they discuss:
- How Into Account was formed and what they do
- How church purity culture makes sexual violence worse, including victim blaming
- How “forgiveness” and “reconciliation” can often be used as a weapon against victims
- John Howard Yoder and his repeated sexual violence
- The importance of looking for expert help outside the community instead of trying to deal with sexual violence yourselves
Part 2 will be released in two weeks.