Shelley Campagnola from Mennonite Coalition for Refugee Support joins the podcast to talk about their work and the current state of refugee acceptance in Canada and the United States. For more on MCRS, visit mcrs.ca.
- How MCRS supports refugee claimants and why these claimants are seeking help (1:15)
- The Mennonite roots of MCRS (4:06)
- Other help for refugees in the Kitchener-Waterloo area (5:30)
- The Christian/biblical basis for helping refugees (7:45)
- The general process for a refugee in Canada (10:12)
- Main differences between Canada and the U.S. and how they welcome refugees (20:40)
- The length of the refugee claim process (25:12)
- The safe third country agreement and how that impacts refugees to Canada and the U.S. (27:31)
- Increasing fear of the “other”, including refugees, in North America (31:26)
- How to help MCRS in their work (44:26)
Watch from YouTube embedded below, or listen to the audio podcast embedded below or through most podcast directories.